Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'am going to be buying a Macbook I need some advise.?

Ok well I have a Digital Camrea and one of those little video camreas that put it on a dwarf sized DVD. And when iam going to buy my Macbook I was thinking on maxing out memory and the Hardrive becuse of media. Now I dont plan to play any Games on my mac that have intence Grafics just like one online game Puzzle Pirates wich is 3d but low grafics. Other than that Im just going to do normle stuff like Email IM all that stuff. So do you guys think that its necicary to be maxing these out or should I down grade so its cheaper? I just dont feel buying the smallest one will Suport my media and I really want to get the most out of it. What do you guys think or sugest?I'am going to be buying a Macbook I need some advise.?
Personally, I would buy it with a large hard drive and the lowest amount of memory possible. Memory is much cheaper to buy on your own and very easy to install in a MacBook (just inside the battery bay). Since it comes full (two sticks in two bays), you'll be throwing it out anyway if you upgrade.



Consider that an upgrade to 2GB from 1GB from Apple costs $150, while two 1GB sticks cost around $40-45 online. Even if you wanted to max it out at 4GB, you'd only pay $80 if you install it yourself, compared to $850 through Apple.



To *moii** -- the MacBook comes standard with a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive. It can read all CDs and DVDs, and can write CDs.



Also, make sure you take a look at AppleCare. You have up to a year to buy it after you buy the notebook, but it's well worth it.
Never, ever, ever downgrade on a mac!I'am going to be buying a Macbook I need some advise.?
If you are going to be storing a lot of videos or pics, big hard drive is the way to go, memory doesn't need to be maxed really unless you are doing some very memory intensive things, but if it's just pics, you just need the big hard drive
Well Im in the same position, Lol XD

And what I just found out is that the absoloute cheapest one had no cd rom drive?? I dunno if you need one but i will so im going to get the next one up. Also its always good to have more mem bcoz technology is changing and you'll never no what you'll want on there. Like i will probably store quite alot of photos n music so i thought it better to get one with a bit more mem.lol Hope it helps with your desicsion Lmao xxI'am going to be buying a Macbook I need some advise.?
The memory upgrades for Macs are insanely overpriced (at least they are here in the UK), so much more than the cost of buying the memory yourself. I don't own a Macbook but every PC laptop i've owned had an easy to remove cover on the back to access the memory slots. You just order a suitable stick of memory from a good online store, plug it in, and away you go. Best to google a bit to check compatibility and i'm sure you can find a good guide to installing it if you're not confident with that kind of thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment