Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can a ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics handle older online games Like RO and Guild Wars?

This is a revision of my other question for clarity reasons since I left out the graphic card model in my question but wrote it in the more details column...



Note: RO is Ragnarok Online.



By core dumping, I mean the dreaded blue screen you get when your graphics card quits on you from various stresses, like lack of memory (in the card or otherwise) or overclocking inadvertently. I plan on playing non-mmos as well and lower end games that I own, like stuff you can get for cheep like board games or puzzlers. We have an old 6 year PC that had a Nividia Geforce FX 5200. Its pretty much on its way out and getting blue screens on 3-D screen savers even!



I can barely play a basic puzzle game. I want to know could I have this happen on a new laptop with the ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics on board card? Will it handle the games above and handle newer stuff as well?Can a ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics handle older online games Like RO and Guild Wars?
I believed Radeon HD 3200 is a shared memory graphic card. Anything "shared" is crap for gaming.

Anyway, it still depend on your processor and RAM too. List them so we can figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment